Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DGN links in Revit MEP2009

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdsonline
190 Views, 1 Reply

DGN links in Revit MEP2009

I'm into uncharted territory for our firm. We have been using Revit for a couple of years now, but have always had a Revit Arch model to link in. Now we are working with a firm that uses Microstation. They sent us files saved down to V7, and I have linked them in just fine. (We got several files that pieced together to form the building.) The issue is the visibility in certain views. For example - I can't seem to get section cuts of the building (as in the DGN files.) It just wants to show the elevation, no matter where it is cut. I realize that it's not going to work as good as a native model, but it seems to me Revit should realize where in the "DGN" it is, and show the appropriate area. Is this an issue with it being pieced together and not being a "whole" model? Or is it just the way it is with DGN's. Should I import them into it's own file, then link that Revit file in? Any help, or links to a good site, or tips & tricks for using Microstation in Revit would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gomez
in reply to: mdsonline

See if they can export the model into an IFC file, which maybe the best option for you. Revit will cut sections through the an IFC model, but it seems to lose the intelligence of the objects. We experenced this in one of our projects and the architect decided to do the project in Revit due to the compatibility issues. Edited by: W.Neuok on Mar 19, 2009 3:15 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report