Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom tag for mechanical equipment

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Mehdi.Kardehi
4220 Views, 5 Replies

Custom tag for mechanical equipment

Hi All,

I want to have my tags for mechanical equipment as below:

FCU-1, FCU-2, ... for my fancoil units

EF-1, EF-2, EF-3,... for exhaust fans

B-1,B-2,.... for biolers 

and so on

I can use typr mark to address abriviations like FCU or EF in my tag but how can I have that number work?

If I use Mark to count then it doesnt start counting from one for new typr marks

and instead of above I get FCU-1, EF-2, FCU-3, B-4, FCU-5, EF-6 which I don't like.

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ajax05k
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

Its easy just add PREFIX [like FCU if its fcu] in edit lable in the edit family.

Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

It is not really the greatest method to use the Mark Parameter in this way. This is a special and unique Parameter that Revit uses to create a kind of ID, and you may not fully get the expected results, especially on a Worksharing-Enabled Project. It is recommended that another Shared Parameter (perhaps as a Project Parameter) be used for this as well. You can either search this board for a term like "Mark Parameter" or refer to >this thread< for more info on that.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey..it worked perfect for me...just need to add the numbers manually

a super stupid question....to assign that suffix I need to type it manually for each family type which can be very cumbersome... you mentioned there that it can be applied to all family types using the formula but I couldn't do that....Could you please clarify that to me plz?.. I tried putting B- in the formula but it is saying the following is not a parameter

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

Mehdi.Kardehi wrote:

"...a super stupid question....to assign that suffix I need to type it manually for each family type which can be very cumbersome... you mentioned there that it can be applied to all family types using the formula but I couldn't do that....Could you please clarify that to me plz?.. I tried putting B- in the formula but it is saying the following is not a parameter"

This is not in the slightest a stupid question! In order to enter a "defalt value" for a parameter in the 'Family Types' dialog, enter the value within quotation marks into the Formula field. (Without the quotation marks, Revit thinks that you are referring to a Parameter named "B-") Hit the Apply button, delete the text in the Formula Field. Done!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sweet!... Done 🙂

Cheers mate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report