Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Y-Strainer Family Left to Right move parameter?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
magnolouis
644 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Y-Strainer Family Left to Right move parameter?

Hi All,

I created a custom family of Y-Strainer it works good but the Strainer part size starting from 100mm to 350mm needs a little bit of offset and I dont know how to work it out using a paramter with reference line here I attached a file.

Thanks in advance..

L.Magno 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: magnolouis

Create a reference line that begins at the intersection of the horizontal part and the diagonal. The start of the line should be locked to the intersection. Control the length of that line with a parameter. Then, align and lock the length of the profile of the revolve that creates the strainer, to that length parameter. (By the way, I would do that outside of the sketch. I've noticed that all your references and dimensions are inside the sketches of the parts).

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
magnolouis
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank You Sir...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report