Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Duct Profile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bthatcher
969 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Duct Profile

Is there a way to define a custom duct profile. Lets say an octogon duct for example. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bthatcher

This is not possible - Ducts are System Families and cannot be customised in that respect, so you are limited to rectangular, round, or oval (which MEP users had to wait a while for). Perhaps a work-around can be achieved; can you elaborate as to how and why this must be done?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
bthatcher
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I do design visualization. Curved surfaces like ducts and pipes dont't export/triangulate very well. I'm trying to reduce the polycount. I can fake a curved/smooth surface in my rendering application. 

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bthatcher

Unfortunately, I do not believe that there is any way to accomplish this in Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report