Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Diffuser Tags

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tim102289
2699 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Diffuser Tags

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to make a custom diffuser tag.  What I would like to create is a tag that uses several abbreviations for various properties of the diffuser.  For example, S for the System Type of Supply, a number for the neck size (8 for an 8" diameter round neck), a letter for the type of ceiling it is in (could be specified), a number for one way, two way, three way, four way etc. (could be specified), etc.  I tried editing an existing diffuser tag, and found I could put in the CFM, System Type, Neck Size, but its spelled out like 200 CFM Supply Air 8Ø.  Any and all help appreciated!

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tim102289

Some of the info you described is possible, whilst some of it can only be accomplished via Shared Parameters and manual entry of the information.

You can get it to report an "S" for "Supply" by adding System Abbreviation to the Air Terminal Tag and entering the desired abbreviation for each Duct System.

For Neck size, you'd have to make another Shared Parameter (Integer), add it to the Tag and Diffuser families, and set the formula for it (in the Diffuser family) to: = Neck Size / 1"

**Are you using Revit 2014? If so, I don't have access to that yet, so I cannot test.

The type of Ceiling would have to be manually entered; create a Shared Parameter (Text) and add it to both the Tag and the Diffuser family.

Again, the number for 'One Way', 'Two Way', etc. would have to be a Shared Parameter in which the value would be defined in the Diffuser family.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
tim102289
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am using Revit MEP 2013.

The System Abbreviation is a Shared Parameter I would have to create as well correct?  I was wondering if there was some way to reference the System Type Parameter in order to determine the System Abbreviation (so when I have something that is part of a Supply Air system, it would automatically pull from that and the abbreviation would become S).  

Tim Smith

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

You can find the "Abbreviation" parameter under each Duct System's or Piping System's Type Properties. In your Project Browser, scroll down to Families » Duct Systems or Piping Systems. Expand the list and double-click on a System to bring up and modify its Type Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
tim102289
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Okay I found and set that, but how can I get that to appear in a label in a Diffuser Tag?  The only abbreviation parameter I see is System Abbreviation, and that doesn't appear to display anything.

Tim Smith

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

Adding System Abbreviation to the Label in your Air Terminal Tag should report the appropriate abbreviation so long as the Air Terminal is connected to the Duct System.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report