Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cryptic Error Messages - Linking In Arch to Mech

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tkendrick
654 Views, 3 Replies

Cryptic Error Messages - Linking In Arch to Mech

I'm working with a multi-file project. I'm trying to reload from the ARCH link to the MECH file. I received this message:

"No element in a secondary option can be referenced by an element outside that option."

I have no experience with Design Options, so I don't know what this means, or what to do about it. I just want the ARCH in there so I see the walls.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

Does Revit give you the option to ignore the error? This may be a problem within the architectural file - start a new project and link in that arch file. If it still gives you that error, then the problem can be isolated to something within their model.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
tkendrick
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Arch file is good, I have already linked it to other portions of the project with problem. These warnings cannot be ignored.

I decided to delete the design options, because I have the original file if I happen to need those again for some reason. All I needed the Mech file for is the T-stat positions.

Thanks.

Still, those error message leave a lot to be desired.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

Alright. Please post if you happen find out what exactly caused that error - In testing, I caused a lot of different errors, but not that specific one. Also, what release of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report