Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new sub-disciplines

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
RJK42
4042 Views, 1 Reply

Creating new sub-disciplines

How do I create a sub-discipline?? I drew up just a basic 2D representation of mechanical equipment, duct, and one-lines for piping in AutoCAD.  Then I took the AutoCAD file and imported it into a floor layout in revit.  I would like to make a sub discipline under Mechanical, and another under Plumbing.  

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RJK42

The "Sub-Discipline" Parameter is merely a Project Parameter (Instance/Text) that applies to all Views. If the parameter is not present, go to Manage Tab » Project Parameters and add it. Once the parameter is there again, you can manually input whatever value you want to create a new Sub-Discipline - that pull-down is just a quick way to select a value that already exist in the project.

If you see the Parameter under the Views' Properties, but it does not show up in the Project Browser, then you may need to adjust it. Go to View tab » User Interface ▼ Browser Organization.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report