Revit MEP

michaelbartell
Message 1 of 3 (1,109 Views)

Creating new Piping system Classifications

1109 Views, 2 Replies
11-28-2011 04:59 PM

Is there a way to add System Classifications to a Revit project/template? The project I am working on has numerous plumbing piping systems, more than what is available in the default template and it doesn't seem like there is a way to get a pipe system re-classified to differentiate the new system from the system family it was duplicated from.

I have tried to duplicate the Domestic Hot Water System and to create the Domestic Hot Water Recirc System. I can get the linetype to display with the HWC linetype, but I would like to get it on a different color as well

I also need to add other Plumbing systems such as Lab CW, Lab HW, Lab HWC, and numerous Lab and Med Gas system types.

I am having a hard time getting the Visibility/Graphics Override displaying the Plumbing Plan template settings I have created.

Mentor
Message 2 of 3 (1,108 Views)

Re: Creating new Piping system Classifications

11-28-2011 06:14 PM in reply to: michaelbartell

So you've sucessfully duplicated a piping system already? You're most of the way there then.

I'll start from the top anyway because its easier. ...& from memory because my PC is busy procesing an IFC file so apoligies if this isn't exactly right..

• Draw a pipe & assign it to a system
  • Pick the Piping System tab on the ribbon
  • The Properties box will now show the System Properties
  • Click edit type
  • Use the duplicat button to make additional systems
  • Use the Graphic Overides button to chang the display properties (colour/linetype) of a system.

HTH

Mentor
Message 3 of 3 (1,106 Views)

Re: Creating new Piping system Classifications

11-28-2011 06:17 PM in reply to: embolisim

Note, that if you create systems that do not have a corresponding connector type, you run into problems when trying to connect the pipe to equipment. I'm currently getting around this by setting the connectors to global, but it's not a very nice solution.

Keen to hear what others are doing.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube