Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new Piping system Classifications

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michaelbartell
3190 Views, 2 Replies

Creating new Piping system Classifications

Is there a way to add System Classifications to a Revit project/template? The project I am working on has numerous plumbing piping systems, more than what is available in the default template and it doesn't seem like there is a way to get a pipe system re-classified to differentiate the new system from the system family it was duplicated from.

I have tried to duplicate the Domestic Hot Water System and to create the Domestic Hot Water Recirc System. I can get the linetype to display with the HWC linetype, but I would like to get it on a different color as well

I also need to add other Plumbing systems such as Lab CW, Lab HW, Lab HWC, and numerous Lab and Med Gas system types.

I am having a hard time getting the Visibility/Graphics Override displaying the Plumbing Plan template settings I have created.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
embolisim
in reply to: michaelbartell

So you've sucessfully duplicated a piping system already? You're most of the way there then.

I'll start from the top anyway because its easier. ...& from memory because my PC is busy procesing an IFC file so apoligies if this isn't exactly right..

• Draw a pipe & assign it to a system
  • Pick the Piping System tab on the ribbon
  • The Properties box will now show the System Properties
  • Click edit type
  • Use the duplicat button to make additional systems
  • Use the Graphic Overides button to chang the display properties (colour/linetype) of a system.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
embolisim
in reply to: embolisim

Note, that if you create systems that do not have a corresponding connector type, you run into problems when trying to connect the pipe to equipment. I'm currently getting around this by setting the connectors to global, but it's not a very nice solution.

Keen to hear what others are doing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report