Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a variable fitting.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ddefrancis
234 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a variable fitting.

Im trying to create a sanitary carrier for water closets that I can toggle between right, left and dual sides.  I can make the branches turn on and off but I cant seem to make the pipe connectors toggle on or off.  Is there any way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ddefrancis

I have heard legends about hidden connectors and I have seen this from some manufacturer's families, but I have not found a way to do it. You can try searching through the forum. Whatever the method is, it might not even be possible using Revit alone. You are probably better off creating separate families for the different connector configurations.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
ddefrancis
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I was trying to get around needing multiple families for this fitting, but if I must I must.

I have been searching all morning to no avail. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report