Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create permanent wiring

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jolieame
873 Views, 6 Replies

Create permanent wiring

I have created a circuit for lighting connecting with panelboard, Highlight a lighting fixture in the circuit. And click electrical circuits tab, this time, creating a temporary circuit consisting of dash lines..

I want to convert it to permanent wire which has solid lines. I do according to the manual mentioned:

There should be   arc wiring tab with it, but I cannot see these tabs? What is the problem?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jolieame

There are two ways to create permanent wiring when you have the circuit selected as you describe:

1. There are two buttons in the Ribbon under the section "Convert to Wire", which is under the "Modify | Electrical Circuits" contextual tab.

RibbonCreateWire.JPG

2. There are two small icons that appear as per the image below; one creates chamfered wire and the other creates arc wire.

Convert to Wire.JPG

It is a relatively common problem for the wire tick marks to be missing as well. If this is the case, just reply back...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
jolieame
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you CADastrophe! I try to create circuit with permanent wire for panel and lights, it works! Also I try to create circuit with permanent wire for panel and receptacles, it works too! I guess low voltage part circuits should work also although I have not tried yet.

My tick mark is not missing, But when I try to add the number of hot conductors on the wire, like manual said`` Changing the number of hot conductors-- Use the plus and minus symbols to change the number of conductors in the run. Click plus to increase the number of conductors.  Each click adds a tick mark to the run, representing a conductor. Click minus to decrease the number of conductors. Each click removes a tick mark from the run, representing a conductor.’’

The problem is:  there is no plus and minus sign beside my wire? How can I let them show up?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

When you select the wire, these symbols will show up as per the image below. The symbols will not display if multiple wires are selected. Note that you can also change the number of wires via Properties when the wire is selected.

WireTicks.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
jolieame

Thank you CADastrophe! I click the wire, seems the plus and minus sign show up, I click plus sign gradually, can see the number of hot conductors is increasing in the properties, but I cannot see the dash lines on the wire, for example, I have 3 hot conductors, one neutral, ground is 0, altogether should show 4 dashed lines on the wire like the manual has, but my wire has nothing on there?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

Most likely, the annotations are not loaded into the project. Go to Insert tab » Load Family and browse to the folder "Annotations/TickMarks". Select all of the families listed (you can excluded Hook if you want) and click 'Open'. Then go to Manage tab » MEP Settings ▼ Electrical Settings, and select 'Wiring' in the navigation pane on the left side. For each of the parameters "Hot Wire Tick Mark" etc.,  set it to the appropriate value.

Message 7 of 7
jolieame

Thank you CADastrophe! It seems my Tick marks family did not load, I load now, and make changes to my electrical settings, it works now, all the tick marks show up!

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report