Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not open revit file completely ?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jolieame
2131 Views, 2 Replies

Could not open revit file completely ?

I try to open a revit file, but it gives me this message:

Revit could not find or read 1 references files. What do you want to do?

Unresolved CAD or DWF markup files will be displayed as they were when the project was last saved.

When I open it, I only show part of the revit file?

Is that there is a linked file nested inside ths one?

What is the problem?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jolieame

Go to Manage tab » Manage Links to find out what links are missing. If the model came from another company, then you will not be able to reference the Lined CAD files on their local server, hence the error. You would have to obtain a copy of the CAD/DWF files and then click "Reload From..." to redefine the path to the linked files. Alternatively, if a link is of no use to you, you can select it and click "Remove" to eliminate this error.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
jolieame
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you CADastrophe!

I go to Manage links tab, click Revit item, it show Linked files : Arch_link.rvt

Reference Type: Overlay.

Positions not saved:

In fact I can find the Arch_link.rvt file, it is in different folder.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report