Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying shared parameters from one RFA to another

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dtiemeyer
5859 Views, 4 Replies

Copying shared parameters from one RFA to another

I have just created 4 expansion tank families. I also have an expansion tank schedule that reads Shared Parameters. If I import all the Shared Parameters into my 1st expansion tank family, is there any way to 'copy' all those shared parameters to the other 3 e.t. families (without having to import the shared params one at a time in each family)?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I would recommend searching for a third party Add-In called Parameter Jerk. (You should be able to find a link to it in this forum). I haven't used it myself, but I've heard that it works quite well for tasks such as that.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
lanl
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hi dtiemeyer,

You can try a tool available in Autodesk Revit Extensions. You can go to subscription website with you account, and download Autodesk Revit Extensions tool. Once you install this tool, there will be an Extensions tab in Revit.

Click Extensions tab- -Tools- -Project/Shared Parameter, with this tool, you can add shared parameters to multiple families file automatically.

You can check the post below for more detail information on how to use this tool (Note. This link is about 2011 version, the UI has changed, but the function is similar)

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/04/revit-2011-shared-parameters-converter-extension.ht...

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 4 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: lanl

Just to close the loop, the 'Parameter Jerk' program, while a little buggy, is exactly what I was looking for!

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 5 of 5
rbutts
in reply to: lanl

No, if I had the choice I would prefer to go through the Mines of Moria.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report