Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Sheets with views?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
johncookbim
202 Views, 3 Replies

Copying Sheets with views?

I want to setup sheets per discipline that look the same with view location & cut on the sheet. What is the best way to do this? I can't even draw detail lines to the corners of the views (reallly old way of making sheets look the same) like in other platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sec-k
in reply to: johncookbim

What I typically do is set up one sheet and locate the plan view where I want it. I then draw lines at a reference point on the floor plan (i.e. a corner of a the building, a column grid intersection, etc.). I then copy those line into my titleblock family and reload it into the project. For subsequent sheets, I drag the plan onto the sheet, then move it to the reference point. It of course is not exact since you can't snap to the floor plan, but it gets it close enough.

I understand the reason we can't duplicate sheets (because you can't have the same floor plan view on multiple sheets), but it'd be nice if there was a way to make it work. Like, when you would select a sheet and click "duplicate", Revit would ask what floor plan view to place on that sheet. Maybe in 2010...2011??
Message 3 of 4
johncookbim

Thats pretty much what I have done. I like to be more exact though.

Maybe next release?!?!?!?
Message 4 of 4
embolisim

Why?
Is somebody going to reject your work, or even notice, if your sheet 2 floor plan is 2mm further over than your sheet 1 plan?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report