Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy plumbing fixtures

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
564 Views, 5 Replies

Copy plumbing fixtures

I work for an arch firm and one of our consultant MEP firms has
purchased Revit Systems. They tell us that they cannot Copy
(Copy/Monitor) our plumbing fixtures in RS. This seems like a huge
limitation as we are the ones to layout any toilet rooms.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Scott_Womack
in reply to: Anonymous

If you read the Help file on Copy/Monitoring, you'll see that there is a very small list of items that can be copy/monitored. Yes I agree with it being limiting, but our fixtures would not necessarily be set up with the proper connections, etc that the MEP would need. They should be able to lock the centerlines of their fixtures to yours (even though they are linked). This will help to offset the "limitations"
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I agree this is a real problem. But what you want to do is copy their fixtures, add connectors for you system and insert them right on top of their fixtures. You can then have them removed them from their model.
Message 4 of 6
msoren

I've tried to copy all of the fixtures from the Architects model but it won't let me paste it in my mechanical model, all of the options are grayed out. how have you copied them in.
Message 5 of 6
msoren

now it's not grayed out it gives me an error that Can't place inserts outside of hosts. These elements won't be copied. Message was edited by: msoren
Message 6 of 6
TonyVav

You cannot copy/monitor plumbing fixtures. What you need to do is open the architects file click on the fixture you want for the MEP file then edit the family and 'save as'. Then put pipe connectors on the fixture. then you can insert into the MEP project on top of the linked architects file.

AJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report