Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Monitor - Type Mapping Tracking flows

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dworakma
457 Views, 2 Replies

Copy/Monitor - Type Mapping Tracking flows

Working on a project where another firm is modeling the fan coil units and we're hooking up the piping.  I was hoping I'd be able to copy/monitor each piece using the "type mapping" behavior.  However, it doesn’t seem to pick up on a change of flow (i.e. 5 GPM to 10 GPM) using the coordination review.

Am I too hopeful?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dworakma

I believe that you are, unfortunately. Copy/Monitor simply creates a copy of the element and creates an association, but does not convey any of the design information from the linked project. Some of the Parameter Values will be translated when the Copy/Monitor first occurs, but if changed in the Linked Project, it won't translate those updated values on to your elements.

You can Tag the elements through the Linked Project or Schedule them to get a current reading on their values to compare to yours.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Try a Mechanical Equipment Schedule showing your equipmennt and the equipment in the linked model shown with relevant parameters displayed

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report