Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling nested family types

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
285 Views, 1 Reply

Controlling nested family types

If I have a nested family is it possible to control the nested family type from the host family.  For example.  I have a coil section family with a different type for each size of AHU (03, 06, 12 etc.)  If I make a new family for the overall air handler and add in a fan and filters etc. can I change the family type of all the nested familys at the same time.  EG change the type of the host family and all the nested sections change, or do I have to go in and manually change each section?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes you can, with the use of a "<Family Type...>" Parameter. Attached is a simple example Family created in Revit 2013 format.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report