Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Element

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
1154 Views, 7 Replies

Connector Element

hi How do i moved Connector Element???
Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
russellvee
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

If it was set up as a face-based connector element, then it is automatically centered on the face that it is attached to. In that case you have to move or resize the face to move the connector location.

If it is set up as a work plane based connector element you can move it anywhere along the work plane, but to move it out of the plane you would have to assign a new one.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

First of all, 1 line question, come on.....
what type of connector, is it duct connector, pipe connector, conduit connector, cable tray connector, etc ????
Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

To add to previous posts, when a Connector is hosted to a face, there is no way to simply "re-host" it or otherwise move it to another face. It must be recreated. If you need to host the Connector to a specific place on a Face (not exactly in the center), then you will have to either create an Extrusion to host it (you can turn its Visibility off) or create a Split Face and the Connector will center on that.

Also, if there are multiple Connectors of the same Type and the Connector you want to move is the Primary Connector, another Connector will then become the Primary Connector; you can select a Connector and use "Re-Assign Primary" to make it the Primary Connector.

ajax05k wrote:
"First of all, 1 line question, come on.....
what type of connector, is it duct connector, pipe connector, conduit connector, cable tray connector, etc ????"

Smiley Happy I definitely understand the frustration when too little information is provided, but its best to keep in mind that since these forums are accessed internationally, some users may not be so fluent in English which can make communication quite difficult. (There are international forums, but only for select languages). In this particular case, though, I think the one line question seems OK since all Connectors behave the same way in this respect.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8

hi

I got the specified picture

Please guide

Not Moved.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

The explanation/solution is in the first part of russllvee's post (#2) and the first part of my post (#4). If there is any part of it that you don't understand, please be specific so we can help.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 8
mr.kev
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well, if this is the only way (extrude geometry and uncheck visibility) how to create simple connector and place it where I want, i am gonna run away as far as i can from revit. This should be simply done with "dimensions" or aligning. Is'n this a reason, why BIM runs only on high-end computers? Sketches in 10 years old Inventor works better comparing to Revit 2020. Any update in this? Or editing straight part cable trays? 

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: mr.kev

Sometimes you just have to accept that this is the way Revit works. Sorry to see you go over something so minor.

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report