Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Families Tutorial

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bigislander72
432 Views, 7 Replies

Confused about Families Tutorial

Very newb question, but I am confused about step 9, pg. 142 of the 2010 families tutorial. Cannot find a file called "Generic 150 psi Slip Flange.csv" anywhere in the "Family Editor" folder. There is no such file in the "Lookup Tables" folder either.

Don't know how to proceed. Can I just download the file again and copy to the Lookup Tables folder? Edited by: bigislander72 on May 5, 2010 6:53 PM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
karen_smith
in reply to: bigislander72

Hi,

The "Generic 150 psi Slip Flange.csv" file is located in the same zip file as the datasets for the Families tutorial. If you don't see it in the same folder as the datasets, try downloading it again.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Karen Smith
Revit User Assistance
Autodesk - Manchester
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply. I do see a "Completed Generic 150 psi Slip Flange.rfa" file, but not the other.

Could you provide a link to the Families Tutorial download page please? I get lost on this site sometimes, although I did manage to find it before. Thanks
Message 4 of 8
karen_smith

Sure thing, here you go: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13376617.

Let me know if you have trouble locating the file.

Best regards,
Karen
Message 5 of 8

Yes, could I please take you up on that? Just the file itself would be great. After that, place it into the "Lookup Tables" folder and then I can proceed, correct?
Message 6 of 8
karen_smith

Download the attached file into the Lookup Tables folder and you should be all set.

Best regards,
Karen Smith
Autodesk
Message 7 of 8

Thank you Karen

So tried to do the tutorial; everything seemed fine untill I tried to test. Then I got an error message something like "can't make type". Maybe its a typo in the dimensions field of the Family Types dialog.(pg 143). But I am also suspecting that this has something to do with the "Lookup Tables" folder not being in the default location. If I sent the exact error code number, would you be able to tell me whats going wrong here?

Thanks,

Will
Message 8 of 8
karen_smith

Hi Will,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the error code numbers, but if want to sent it in an e-mail to me, I can check with Support to find out what it means.

Thanks,
Karen Smith
karen.smith@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report