Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Lack of Compatibility

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JasonSmith7027
298 Views, 3 Replies

Confirm Lack of Compatibility

Just confirming there will be no compatibility between Revit MEP 2010 and Revit Architecture 2010. We never upgraded from 2009. We'd like to go straight to 2011, but have a client running 2010.

What a pain.........

One more thought, just so its clear. I'll have 2011, they'll have 2010. If I can bring their 2010 stuff in but they can't see mine, I'm not sure that's the end of the world. Edited by: JasonSmith7027 on Apr 8, 2010 11:24 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You will have compatibility between all versions of Revit of the same release (i.e. Revit MEP 2010 <--> Revit Arch <--> Revit Struct).

You cannot save back to a previous release (i.e. You cannot save a 2010 file back to 2009 format).

You can upgrade a previous release by opening the file with a newer release (i.e. Open a 2009 file with 2010). However, once you save the file in the newer version, you can not save back.
Message 3 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: JasonSmith7027

If your firm is doing M-E and P than It can work, as long as there isn't a request for your model.
If the deliverables are 2D construction documents.
If the intention to model is for in-house coordination.

If using Revit MEP 2011 is better, faster and easier than a previous release, than I say absolutely.
Things like this shouldn't hold us back.

When 2010 came out no Architects made the switch. We knew that the 2010 release had major improvements but we couldn't use it.

Now I look back and think why didn't we just do it anyway.

I don't see any reason why they would need your model. Actually maybe that should be in the contract for an additional fee.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 4
kenetter
in reply to: JasonSmith7027

A couple of reasons why the Architects might want your model...

1. Check clearances between structure, ductwork, and ceilings.
2. Reflected Ceiling Plans typically show diffusers, lights, and other ceiling mounted items.

So verify what is required before you make the jump.

Regards,
Ken

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report