Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Spaces

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2666 Views, 6 Replies

Combining Spaces

I know we can do Space Separation but is there a way to combine the spaces....Here is what i am trying to do.....Arch has a large hall and he allocated the rooms in bog open area. I want Revit to consider whole area as one single space; because my spaces are linked to ventilation tables and calculcations....

Folk any idea ...

Regards

Usman

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

When Placing spaces, it automatically looks for walls and separations that the arch places. There is an option to select boundary walls, but I don't know if this will work.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: asommer

Well i didnt see any option for the wall boundry ...Where exactly you are referring ? Only solution which comes to my mind is to go into Arch model and change room boundaries and then my spaces will pick up those boundaries...But what if i get an update on the Arch model, do again the process....specially when i have like more than 4000 rooms in the building...

AUTODESK team do you any idea how to achieve this goal...?

Regards

Usman

Message 4 of 7
embolisim

Can you achieve what you want with HVAC Zones?   Add all the spaces to the same zone then look at the zone data & see if it gives you what you want.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

This is still an issue Autodesk has never resolved. There are many occasions where architects want to divide out a portion of a room with room separation lines and place seperate room tags, however these additional spaces make HVAC calculations unneedlessly bulky. For example, a corridor with a connected equipment alcove. The architect wants to divide the alcove with a line so they can place a separate room designation. However, for HVAC purposes it is essentially the same space. There needs to be a way to combine spaces for HVAC calcuations.

Message 6 of 7
fabiosato

Hello,

I believe the suggestion from embolisim is the best, of course is not the simplest, since you will have to group the spaces.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I am facing the same problem when it comes to lighting calculations. Fortunately, ElumTools lets you calculate multiple spaces by combining them. But the results sometimes look weird once scheduled.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report