Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuiting Fixtures

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
474 Views, 23 Replies

Circuiting Fixtures

Here is another problem that I am having. We have a particular circuiting standard in our office. We have even received rewards on the quality of our drafting. Contractors like our circuiting because it is easy to follow easy to read and understand. To speed up our drafting we have a lisp routine that automatically trims our circuit arcs at the junction boxes. In AutoCAD all we have to do is select junction box (which are circles) to junction box, it draws an arc form center to center, we pull out the angle, and then to finish it trims the circuit at the junction boxes.
But with REVIT I do not know how to get this same effect. When trying to get the owner to purchase the product at the presentation all he said through the whole presentation was that this program looks like crap. Based on that it was a tough sale to get him on board. We as a company have a reputation. How do I keep this good reputation
When circuiting with Revit I have placed the connectors at the same location as the symbolic junction box location. When Revit highlights the circuiting it will show that dashed lines from junction box to junction box like I want. It looks ok, not great, so then I finish the circuit command and the program circuits it differently. And quite honestly not at all to our standard.
Why does it show circuiting from the connectors (like I want) and then circuit it from center of fixture to center of fixture? Can I change this? And How do I change this. I have included some pics to help explain. Am I to sacrifice Quality for Automation?
Also you homerun arrow. Bad bad. you could at least attach the arrowhead form the rear and not the point. It Looks terrible.
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
msdynamix
in reply to: Anonymous

No walls or devices have moved. I am just using the wiring command and connecting device to device. I am not creating a circuit yet.

The second part of your post reply I am not getting... --- tab-select, then re-generate the chamfered line using the control or button on the options bar... this way, you shouldn't have to manually modify the grip points. --- That does not work for me.
Message 22 of 24
Martin__Schmid

Ah... so if you're not creating circuits first, then of course, you're going to be manually creating all the wiring.. and take forever to do it!

You can create circuits without circuiting to a panel.

I'd recommend you review the tutorial, starting on about page 248.... I think you will find the automatic method to save a significant amount of time.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9318638

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 24
msdynamix

I know all about that route, but the way that it does it, at least for my instances the wiring does not come out looking correct, and the home run arrows are out of control, going all the way down the hall where the panels are located at. I have to see if auto circuiting them and then going back through and editing the circuits will be less time. One would think... Thanks everyone for all of your help.
Message 24 of 24
Anonymous

I'm new to Revit MEP and was wondering where you got the exit symbol? I can seem to locate a family that properly displays the symbol in plan view.
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report