Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Level within Callout

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JHBMX
2346 Views, 4 Replies

Changing Level within Callout

Good Afternoon,

I hope someone can help.

The Architect has changed the floor level on the job I am working on, I have adjusted the my floor plan to suit.

My problem is that I can't seem to adjust my callouts to match the new floor level so they show the correct area on my sheet, the area to change this in the Properties Box is greyed out? 

Look forward to hearing from you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JHBMX

Are you using Revit MEP 2013? If so, the most likely cause for the View Range button being disabled is that there is a View Template assigned to the View. This would also account for other View settings (i.e. Detail Level, Discipline) being disabled as well.

If you aren't already aware, the View Templates workflow has been improved as the templates are now linked to Views.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, JHBMX!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
JHBMX
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the help. yes I'm using 2013.

I unerstand what you are saying, yes there is a template set to the view in fact there are various templates set to all views (except sections).

Is there a way to set the view so it has no template applied to it? I can see no option.

Thanks so much for your time

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JHBMX

You now have your choice of two routes to take:

1. Remove the View Template from the View

Under the View's Properties, click on the button beside 'View Template' which is reporting the current View Template's name. Select "<none>" from the list in the following dialog box.

2. Correct the View Range in the View Template

Under the View's Properties, click on the button beside 'View Template' which is reporting the current View Template's name. Select the current View Template from the list in the following dialog box. In the list of View Properties on the right, locate the View Range and set it to the desired setting.

Alternatively, in lieu of changing the View Range, you can clear the checkbox under "Include" to exclude it from the View Template. This will allow you to change the View Range per View, but maintain uniform visibility settings for everything else.

I would recommend taking road #2 as well as learning and working more with View Templates. When changes arise, the use of View Templates can alleviate the painstaking effort that would be needed in going to each and every View to make corrections to view settings. Using this method, you can make a single correction to the View Template that will subsequently cascade down to all of the Views with this View Template, so you only have to make the correction once.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
JHBMX
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Great! thanks very much fixed it.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report