Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central file linked into itself?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
derekbuckley1987
5077 Views, 5 Replies

Central file linked into itself?

We received an updated file from an architect we are working with so we saved and overwrote the out dated file which was already linked into the central. From experience of doing this before I thought it would all go according to plan as long as the file is named exactly the same. Well now every time we open the central or any local files an error message pops up saying "Linked model \\600_server\projects\JSA\Deerbrook Medical Center\NEW REVIT FOLDER\DEERBROOK CENTRAL.rvt and the host are versions of the same workshared model. The link will be unloaded." According to my understanding what this is saying is that the central file is linked into the host, which is the central file. I could be wrong, but that is why I am posting this and hoping someone else can interpret and hopefully give me a solution. Anyway after clicking ok the project loads up just like normal and the link file is still linked. Right now everything is working fine, but I was worried that some time in the future this recurring error message will cause a problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dennis
in reply to: derekbuckley1987

I will take a stab at this. Could the Architect have linked in your Central model at their office? Then when they sent it over to you, they didn't unlink it? Maybe you can open the Architect's central and look over the links via the Manage Links command and see what you can find.
Message 3 of 6
dennis

I will take a stab at this. Could the Architect have linked in your Central model at their office? Then when they sent it over to you, they didn't unlink it? Maybe you can open the Architect's central and look over the links via the Manage Links command and see what you can find.
Message 4 of 6
dennis

don't know how it happened that i posted it twice....
Message 5 of 6

When the architect linked your MEP model into their model they must have changed the reference type from overlay to attachment. So now when you open up your model, it loads the arch model and the MEP model that is attached to it. Since the attached MEP model is the same as the current model, you get an error. All you need to do is open the arch model, go to manage links, and change the MEP link back to overlay.
Message 6 of 6

Yea thats exactly what the problem was. I just unlinked ours and now it works fine. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report