Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerlines show has Hidden lines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SLDBrown
2302 Views, 3 Replies

Centerlines show has Hidden lines

Hello All,

I have ductwork under a slab. The linework shows as hidden because the "cut plane" bottom is set at 0 and the view depth is set at -5. That part shows correctly. My problem is, the centerline on the pipe under the slab shows as hidden. How do I make this a centerline? Where do I go to adjust the linetype?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
thombrady
in reply to: SLDBrown

I believe you can change this in visibility graphics, expand the pipe tab & it will say centerline. Hilight it & change it to centerline. I just tried it & it worked, I am a contractor who shows the insulation so I typically keep centerline off. Good luck

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SLDBrown

What version of Revit are you using? As far as I recall, the MEP Hidden Lines are only drawn when MEP elements are overlapping. In other words, I don't think that the slab would cause the MEP Hidden Lines to be drawn. Instead, I think that you are seeing the "Beyond" Lines that are created by your View Range settings.

In either case, I don't believe that there is much that can be done to change the Centerline without changing the appearance of the rest of the Duct lines. This is because MEP Hidden Lines and the application of the Beyond Lines has a higher priority than the V/G Overrides. You can customize the Line Pattern of the MEP Hidden Line and Beyond Line Styles (under Manage tab » Additional Settings ▼ Line Styles), but this would affect ALL of the applicable lines, not just the Centerline.

In essence, I do not believe that you can get what you are after, but if you alter your View Range settings so that the "Bottom" is also set to -5, then you will escape the "Beyond" Line Style. Even then, I don't think you'd be able to apply a hidden line appearance to the Duct without also making the Centerline appear that way, as well.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
SLDBrown
in reply to: CoreyDaun

You are correct in regards to the "beyond lines". I thought that what I wanted to do wasn't possible but I thought I would ask. Also, I discovered that the centerline (showing as hidden line) I was seeing was a graphics glitch. It went away when I published the sheet. Thanks so much for your reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report