Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get rectangular duct to connect to round

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RedMan77
3541 Views, 5 Replies

Cant get rectangular duct to connect to round

Revit 2014.  Have a 24x16 rectangular duct (bottom at 8'-0 1/2").  Running perpendicular I need (4) 14" diameter round duct that transitions up to 9'-0 1/2".  Was able to make the round transtiion up. What I cant seem to do is to get the round to connect to the rectangualr duct.  I made sure the fittings were loaded but I keep getting the error

"parameters for the fitting is causing the geometry to fail". 

Looked up on online and I couldnt find anything.  Please see attached.  I am trying to re-create portions of the 2D shop drawing.  I am trying to find out what I am doing wrong.  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RedMan77
in reply to: RedMan77

Can anyone help??

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

Can you attach the Family File for the Duct Fitting that is causing the error?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
RedMan77
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Not sure how that would work since I am tring to attach the ducts thats are pendicular to each other and the fitting that would join them hasnt been created yet.  If you notice the attachment, there is no fitting combining the two ducts together.  If it were to go sucessfully the fitting would be created.  Maybe I am not understanding your post

Since I wasnt getting an answer and I had to move forward I tried to create the ducts again in a new template.  I was successful and I copied the group of duct into my project and everything seems good. Wish I knew why that was happening.  Whats worse is I cant seem to repeat the issue.

Appreciate the repsonse.  Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

Under the Routing Preferences in the Duct Type, you can see the Families that Revit is attempting to use. Since there is no default category for a "Round Tee/Tap to a Rectangular Duct" Family, Revit tries to create a "Rectangular to Round" Transition and then a Rectangular Tee/Tap.

If you want the transition to occur within the Tap/Tee Family, you'll have to manually insert a valid Duct Fitting and connect it. If you are fine with the Transition in addition to the Tap/Tee, then one of those default Duct Fitting Families is probably causing the issue. That's what I was asking you to post.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
RedMan77
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Oh. I think I understand.  You can tell Im sure that I havent been doing duct in revit for a long time.  I think Autocad MEP is far easier for ductwork and conduit but I also understand the differences and why moving to Revit is essntial.  Thanks again.  The issue seems to be resolved. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report