Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot See Spaces in one Reflected Ceiling Plan

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tim102289
3592 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot See Spaces in one Reflected Ceiling Plan

I have an MEP Model with a linked Architectural Revit Model, and I was going through all of my views to check some things, and found that for some reason, Spaces do not show in the third floor reflected ceiling plan.  They show in the first and second floor plans and rcp's, but for the 3rd floor, only in the plan view.  So far I have verified that the spaces are defined from the 3rd floor up to the 4th floor, with a 0 offset, they are not hidden in view, the view range is top: 4th floor, cut plane: 3rd floor, bottom: 3rd floor, view depth level: 4th floor, Spaces are checked in Visibility/Graphics Overries, including Color Fill, Interior, and Reference, and Space Tags are checked in the Annotation Categories.  The spaces are in Phase 3a, my RCP is Phase 3a, Show Complete.  I cannot think of anything else to look for, but Spaces still do not show.  Any ideas?

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tim102289

The View's Cut Plane is even with the 3rd Floor Level? Try raising it just a hair - a Space or Room will not display in a View unless the Cut Plane is passing through it. In the case that the Cut Plane is exactly even with the bottom of the Spaces, that isn't enough to get them to show up.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
tim102289
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ah, yeah that makes sense.  I should've checked the other plans, they're all set to 7'-6".  Who knows when/how this one got changed lol.

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
Message 4 of 4
mastjaso
in reply to: tim102289

Just to update this information so it's somewhere, but I just ran into and solved a related issue. In my case the rooms were in the linked architectural model, and I could see the room in section, and it was drawn correctly (slab to slab). My view range settings were correct as well so that the cut plane intercepted the room (about 2' off the floor), but when I went to tag I didn't see the rooms in the background and when I clicked, it gave the "None of the objects are visible in this view...... " message.

So it turns out that the issue was that in the visibility settings for the linked model, the view range was set to "by linked view" so it was using the architects view range setting which put the cut plane at 0'0" which was below / in line with the bottom of the room. Switching to "by host view" so it uses our view range and cut plane fixed everything.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report