Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Select Items

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
norcaljess
14384 Views, 8 Replies

Can't Select Items

Has anyone ever seen this?  We received an architectural model from our client.  When going to update our link, two of the rooms did not update in our MEP model.  I opened the Arch model and I can't even select the walls, door or equipment in those 2 rooms.  (See attached file.)  Here, I have windowed over the entire model and you can see what remained black and did not turn red are the items that I can SEE but cannot select.  It is not a seperate Revit link or CAD link of any type, that I can tell. 

Thanks,

Jess

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Littlebluedog
in reply to: norcaljess

I would guess that they are using a design option in that area.  That is why you can't select that area.

Yay I'm talking about Revit and stuff
Message 3 of 9
norcaljess

You're right, it is a design option that was not accepted or made primary. 

Message 4 of 9
m.m.gamal

Dear everybody

i got a smiliar problem 

im MEP engineer 

i was drawing the Archtict walls as i got the Archtict as CAD

while i was drawing the stairs everything was stopped and i couldnt draw any thing anymore everything is freezed i cant draw , modifiy , select nor delete

what can be the probelm?

see the attachment every thing is deactivated 

Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: m.m.gamal

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Judging by your image, it looks like you're still in "stair creation mode" - switch to the contextual tab "Modify | Create Stair > Sketch Run" and Finish or Cancel the operation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
Base12
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This can also happen when in the annotate "Tag by Category" mode.  You think you're done tagging, and hit escape or whatever... but it's waiting for one more tap on the Esc button.  It seems like the whole thing is totally locked up, but you might notice that "Modify|Tag" is still highlighted green (in Windows 7 x64 anyhow -- yours might be a different color, see attached) across the top of the ribbon.  Just hit escape one more time and your model should become active again.

Message 7 of 9
cfooteERTD7

So, you cannot select anything in a design option? is this why I can't copy/monitor the architects light fixtures into my model? is there a way around this or is this just another "Revit thing"?

can anyone explain the reason for this?

Message 8 of 9
anthonymontuori
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Message 9 of 9
zeynep3KLJ6
in reply to: Littlebluedog

Had the same problem! thank you somuch, I didnt think about that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report