Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can supply duct connect return duct?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sailaini_415
1827 Views, 7 Replies

Can supply duct connect return duct?

As the attachment shown,  when i connected supply duct of **** to AHU, I had to connect SAD to RAD since the AHU got 3 ports : 1 supply and 2 return, and obviously I had used the supply port alr. Is this correct connection? can it be constructed in real life?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bvm76
in reply to: sailaini_415

I don't think you can connect supply to return duct directly in revit. if you want to link this two, try to put plenum box. configure the plenum box so it will have RAD and SAD connections.

Hope this helps.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 3 of 8
sailaini_415
in reply to: bvm76

hmm..actually I don't want to connect SAD to RAD, I drew like pic shown cuz I had no choice. In fact, I want to draw one RAD and 2 SAD in the same AHU. But the ports provided is 1 supply ports and 2 return ports. So I don't know how to do with it. Maybe I should just click the "plus" symbol on the elbow of one supply duct and connect.
Message 4 of 8
sailaini_415
in reply to: bvm76

another problem is like the attachment shown. I put 2 same AHUs and draw duct. See, one of them is S,A,A. and other one is S,S,F. I dont know why is like this. The system just automatically choose the duct type.

Message 5 of 8
neri69

The configuration of a AHU is very customizable in real life, and you can also mix when needed part of SA with RA. So if your equipment can handle this, you have just to make three variation of that family with different code/name. Check the system type of connector and force to SA RA or in Other Air if you want a generic behaviour.

www.2dto6d.com
Message 6 of 8
sailaini_415
in reply to: neri69

but in revit is it correct? cuz I need to import the MEP file to other software, I don't want connection error in my later work. As the figures i attached shown,the system jus chooses the duct type for me which are S,S,F, what i want is S,R,F. Is it possible for me to change the duct type of AHU, even FCU?

Message 7 of 8
neri69

As you see the first duct directly attached to the AHU is magenta so the connector in the AHU looks correctly set.

Disconnect the end in the FCU attached to the AHU branch, change the connector of the FCU to other air then reload in the project (rename FCU...). Disconnet the second part of the branch near to the AHU and reconnect, now all the branch must be magenta. Finally connect it to the FCU.

www.2dto6d.com
Message 8 of 8
sailaini_415
in reply to: neri69

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report