Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a balancing valve display the GPM flow in a tag?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
test_52
475 Views, 1 Reply

Can a balancing valve display the GPM flow in a tag?

For a hot water piping system, I am trying to tag a balancing valve that is installed in the hot water return pipe. I would like the tag to display the gpm that is flowing in the return pipe. For whatever reason, I am having a really hard time with this and I am hoping someone can help me out.

The return pipe leading into the valve has the correct gpm shown in the flow parameter. Does anyone know a way to get that gpm to display in a tag for the balancing valve? Ideally I want it in a tag so if the gpm of a terminal unit changes, the balancing valve will automatically update.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jonathan.herrera
in reply to: test_52

Simply open the balancing valve family, create and assign a shared parameter to the "flow" parameter for each of the pipe connectors, (make sure they are set as instance parameters). Finally, create a pipe accessory tag and use the newly created shared parameter for the label and load into your project. The gpm within your valve is now available to tag and will be updated accordingly as your piping design changes.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report