Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Parameters be Used to Define The Space Between Items in A Revit Project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mehdi.Kardehi
541 Views, 3 Replies

Can Parameters be Used to Define The Space Between Items in A Revit Project

I need to define some paramaters into my Revit project so by using them I can control couple of dimensions within my project. For example I would like to have a parameter addressing the distance between package units and when I set it on 700mm, the distance between all package units change to that. Similar to the one in family environment but I want to get it done in project environment.

I tried defining the project parameter but there is no proper category to asign it to. I was hoping to link it to my dimensions, or annotation.

Can someone please help me with this?

Cheers,

M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

Unfortunately, there is no way to drive a Project Parameter with a formula.

What may work for you, is to make your Mechanical Equipment Family "Shared", create a new Mechanical Equipment Family, nest an instance of your Shared Family, and create an Array. You can control the offset distance and quantity with formulaic Parameters. Also, if you make your "offset distance" Parameter a Shared Parameter, you would be able to control it manually on a Project-wide basis though the use of a specialized Mechanical Equipment Schedule.

If you have any trouble with this or you would like an example, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
dctclaurie
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am trying to do something similar and I need help.

I am building a deck as an array of individual deck planks. The width of the plank is controlled in a parameter in the deck plank family and I would like to have the deck plank width dimension value drive the deck spacing parameter in the family where the array is defined.

The array is in a balcony family that contains the deck plank family.

Is there a way to have the deck plank width, as defined in the deck plank family, drive a parameter in the balcony family so the array adjusts if the width of the deck plank changes?

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: dctclaurie

Revit is based on Parent Child relationships. So no a child (the deck) can not control the parent (balcony).

If you read carefully you will see what can be done to solve the problem.

You could nest the balcony in the deck family, because you will then have a parent child relationship. Or you could nest the balcony and the deck in a new host and have the host conrtrol the deck and the balcony.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report