Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating the length of conduit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
8652 Views, 5 Replies

Calculating the length of conduit

hi

I am trying to calculate the total length Conduit ,Calculate the length without fittings ,I need to calculate the length of the segmentalong with fittings.

The solution is to perform this calculation?

Calculating the length of conduita.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

I believe that you would want to use a Conduit Run Schedule, and not just a Conduit Schedule. A Conduit Run Schedule will automatically calculate the total length of a series of connected Conduit segments and bends that belong to a "Conduit without Fittings" Type.

If you wish to differentiate between different Conduit Runs in your Schedule, use the Comments parameter as a label. You can either enter a value directly into the Schedule or select the entire Conduit Run (hover over with the cursor and hit TAB) and enter a value for Comments in Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi CADastrophe

Yes, that was exactly I mean and Thank you very much for your answer.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
jonny.pye
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

What is going on 

I have three different answers to my total conduit lengths. 

1# I used dynamo to pull the curves and sum them (I probably trust this the most)

2# I took measurements as shown above (Intersections of pipe centre lines)

3# Conduit run Length schedule

All three are different. Not by much but the reason i'm looking at this is because I need accuracy when ordering in the region of 5km of conduit.

What is the conduit length schedule doing???? because it doesn't appear to marry with what is explained above. 

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 6
smbrennan
in reply to: jonny.pye

You would have to show more of your Dynamo script so we can confirm what you're pulling. You trust the one that's farthest away from the other 2 values. I'm curious if you're pulling conduits, and not capturing the elbows. 

And in all honesty, I don't think it's a wise idea to order exactly what you need. Plus, can you even order exactly what you need? I doubt it. We have to order Master Bundles at a time, which has different lengths for different sizes. 3/4"C comes in like 5000' of conduit, while 4"C comes with 300' of conduit (in 10' lengths)

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 6 of 6
jonny.pye
in reply to: smbrennan

I figured out what it was, On the fittings (Curves) Revit breaks it down into 3 pieces ( A curve and two tangential straights) I Thought the Straights were an error so exuded them form the overall calculation. 

Dynamo works nicely. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report