Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating the exposed primeter of spaces only

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mehdi.Kardehi
375 Views, 2 Replies

Calculating the exposed primeter of spaces only

Hi All,

To do heatload calcs in third party software exposed primeter of the spaces are needed.... I usually measure this direct unsing the drawings....Is there a way to make Revit to do this calculation for you and can be seen in space schedule?

Exposed perimeter : the total length of EXTERNAL walls of a space

Regards,

M

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
russellvee
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

No, but they do give us access to the completely useless total space perimeter for scheduling. Smiley Frustrated

What third party software? You can always sort through the hundreds of pages of load report and find the wall areas and divide them by your floor to floor height. Easy.

I've still got my fingers crossed that 2015 will give us the ability to schedule all the values from Revit's magic black box calculation. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have all that information available to be organized into a concise schedule, using conditional formatting to identify numbers that fall outide of expected norms?

Message 3 of 3
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: russellvee

fingers crossed....another couple of days to go to see the new version...I have heard that pipe and duct pressure losses has been fixed but don't think the heatload calcs and above gets fixed this soonSmiley Indifferent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report