Revit MEP

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (547 Views)

Calculating Wall R-Values

547 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2007 07:03 AM
I am trying to calculate the R-Value for this wall. I have entered the thickness of each material, as shown in the attached bitmap. Can the scheduler be used to formulate the R-Value that I am seeking?
stevo517
Message 2 of 3 (461 Views)

Re: Calculating Wall R-Values

11-17-2011 12:50 AM in reply to: TimGe

I am trying to figure this out too.  I foudn a way to create custom parameters for the materials, so you can input a U-value, but I don't know how to sum the u-values multiplied by the thicknesses to give me the R-value. 

It would be really cool to do this, especially if I can pass those parameters onto an external sotware package like Ecotect.

Contributor
Ghassan76
Message 3 of 3 (426 Views)

Re: Calculating Wall R-Values

11-29-2011 01:39 AM in reply to: TimGe

is this in Revit???

oh my god ?

can you tell me where i can find this pretty family

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube