Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating Duct Elbows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chunky2k
2446 Views, 3 Replies

Calculating Duct Elbows

Hello everyone

i noticed a small "thing" when i create a Schedule for ducts , that it is not calculating the ELBOWS 

not any type of elbows

that is huge problem because it can give us less duct square feet calculation

is there any chance that can make the MEP calculate the duct elbows ?

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lanl
in reply to: chunky2k

Hi chunky2k,

In Revit, if you create a schedule of a specific family category, it will only list the items of this category, items of other category will not show up in this schedule.

For example, you create a schedule for duct family category, and it will only list ducts, for duct elbow, it is duct fitting category, so duct elbow will not show up in duct schedule.

If you need a schedule to show up both ducts and duct fittings, you have to create a  multi-category schedule, and then assign value for some special parameters, for example, the Comment parameter or other custom project parameter to filter out the duct and duct fittings in the multi-category schedule.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 4
neri69
in reply to: chunky2k

Hi Chunky,

i had this problem and i resolved with a very fast way not very accurate but i have resolved with a nice formula apprximation.

As you see some type of elbow (and i can add the information the ones that are created with swept normal or blended) are not reporting useful information like area for computing purpose and nearly all elbows are made in this way.

If you create in the same family an extrusion or a blend (that you hide...) of the same shape and you find a nice way to calculate the height from a formula that catch the lenght of the path of the swept you will have the information needed in the schedule.

So the problem is not just a problem to create a multi category schedule like Lanl tells you but you need also to create this information...

Let me know if i have to explain further...

www.2dto6d.com
Message 4 of 4
chunky2k
in reply to: lanl

Thanks for your reply
to me it is important for our calculation not for submitting it to other parties
so making 2 schedule is no issue in this case

to be honest i considered Elbows as ducts never came to me it will be considered as fitting !!

regards
Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report