Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables routing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vladop
2992 Views, 6 Replies

Cables routing

Is it possible to import cable list into REVIT MEP and then draw cable trays with cables?

Regards,

Vladimir

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: vladop

I don't believe so. Can you elaborate a bit more on what you're aiming to do?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
vladop
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I want to use cable summary report from AutoCAD Electrical, which can be saved in txt, xls, mdb, xml or csv format.

Report contains columns for cable type and cross section, cable tag, electrical panel, equipment, etc.

I want to import this report in Revit, than by using "Electrical Panel" column to define electrical panels in Revit, and by using "Equipment" column to insert equipment on the other end of the cables, the same way receptacle are placed.

Draw cable trays.

Now that we have electrical panel as the cables starting point, cable trays and equipment as the end point, can Revit do automatic cables routing.

This is similar to GSN Technologies Traymatic and Cablematic software

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

AutoCAD Electrical is light years ahead of Revit's electrical capabilities. Cable Tray and Conduit were introduced just a few releases ago, and so far do not actually contain or inherit actual electrical information. As such, their primary purpose seem to be for physical placement at this point in time. We've added Shared Parameters to create some useful fields, but they're simply manual input. Bottom line, as of Revit 2013 (I haven't used 2014 yet) cannot auto-route Cable Tray and Conduit. However, there could me some magical add-in that I'm unaware of that may prove useful.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
vladop
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey

Message 6 of 7
Samir_emam
Message 7 of 7
Samir_emam

Dear Sir

Kindly check Electrical Power Cable Add-ins from following links:-

Electric Power Cables

And pro product:-

Electric Power Cables Pro

Kindly check my You Tube channel videos which describe "Electric Power Cable Pro" Add-ins options through the following link:-

Electric Power Cables Add-ins videos

I wait your feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report