Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable tray cannot be drawn on its side

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GW63
979 Views, 2 Replies

Cable tray cannot be drawn on its side

what is happening here, i cant believe autodesk cannot create this, my last 3 projects have cable tray on its side and i have to have branches running off it but it cant do it. I am trying to sell revit MEP to clients and then have to tell them i cant draw a simple cable tray on its side. I had to use 300 x 50mmm trunking for space allocatation but it doesnt match any of my horizontal cable tray. Please can we get this sorted soon it makes Revit MEP look really bad and makes our jobs harder !!! Why didnt Autodesk speak to an experienced MEP user for this, its meant to turn upside down too but cant !!! cant be that difficult surely !!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: GW63

This is a need that has been voiced by a few, one such example is >this thread< in the Revit MEP Wishes board. Your photos here provide a good example of it's intended use. I would strongly recommend using the link below (which is one that is frequently provided by Autodesk Support personnel here) and visiting the AUGI Wishlist and voting there, as I'm sure someone has already submitted this wish.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
lsop1409
in reply to: GW63

This is an issue that must be affecting alot of people modelling Electrical systems, making modelling traywork much more difficult than it needs to be. This should be a basic requirement of MEP BIM software.

Not only does this make your work harder, but I am sure clients and managers think you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes when you say you cannot model tray against a wall on the horizontal.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report