Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T MODEL THIS IN REVIT MEP

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
amarakoonge
231 Views, 5 Replies

CAN'T MODEL THIS IN REVIT MEP

how do we model this part in a .rfa file by keeping these dimensions as variable parameters.(see the model.bmp which is attached here) Edited by: amarakoonge on Jan 17, 2009 6:19 AM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sschwartz
in reply to: amarakoonge

Is this the same part that someone else already modeled for you 10 days ago?

Read the tutorials, and then try to see if you can do this for yourself. If you need to make any further rfa files somewhere in the future, this could be a greatly beneficial piece of knowledge.
Message 3 of 6
RandMan

I don't think anything like this is covered in the tutorials. I don't think drawing the extrusions would be the problem. Revit MEP seems to have trouble tapping into the side of a duct, with other than what it has been told are "standard" fittings. I need to tap into the side of a duct and go directly to a sidewall diffuser. I would love to work out an answer.
Message 4 of 6
amarakoonge

Yes , He had sent me the model not having required dimensions. I tried and wasted d time a lot. but still I am not taking the model. I think With Revit Mep. we can't model this part. isn't it. this is a challenge actually. still i am waiting for all..................
Message 5 of 6

It would be so easy to give you 'all' as you suggest, but then how much would you learn?
Message 6 of 6
JSchermerhorn

Take into account that you are trying to make a T-piece.

Quote:
"Revit MEP seems to have trouble tapping into the side of a duct,"

MEP indeed has problems tapping into a pipe or duct. But revit doesn't have any problem with making T-pieces.

I suggest you try to model a part of the main duct. From the hart of that main duct you make a blend with the two parametric profiles. To finish make an extrusion on top for the connection part of the duct.
Put 2 duct connectors on both sides of the main branch and the 3rd connector on the secondary branch.
The tutorial for family building should provide more information on how to build a T-piece.

goodluck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report