Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking pipe at standard lengths on the fly.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdhutchinson
539 Views, 5 Replies

Breaking pipe at standard lengths on the fly.

I've been told that you can configure pipe such that it will break pipe at configurable lengths and add routing preferenced couplings on the fly. So draw the pipe... oh, say 100' long, it will break at 20' lengths and appropriate fittings.

I cannot seem to find this... Could someone give me a leg up please?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mdhutchinson

This is not possible within Revit's native ability, and I'm not aware of any specific Add-Ins are capable of this. This doesn't mean that there isn't one out there somewhere.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
travis
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I think SysQue does that as an add-in if you have the funds for the program.  For some of the clients I have worked with in the past we had to manually do it for spools.

Message 4 of 6
mdhutchinson
in reply to: travis

Yes... I am familiar with Revit Sysque... and have been watching it closely.

Message 5 of 6

I was looking for a similar thing for ducts to generate shop drawings faster

Message 6 of 6

"Yeah SO Support and Hanger" addin on the exchange does this. It's free but the hanger support requires a $20 payment if required after its 30 day trial expires. However the pipe, duct, cable tray split continues to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report