Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad IF-statement

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
CarrieHoffman02
1197 Views, 1 Reply

Bad IF-statement

I am really new to using the IF-statments in formula, however I believe this instance needs one. I am creating a floor box that could have several different comparments. According to the cut sheet I was given, 1 comparment is 5 3/16", 2 is 8.5" and 3 is 12.5". Could someone please tell me what I have done wrong? 

Carrie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

You do not have a False statement for the last IF. What happens if '# of Compartments' equals 4? If three is the maximum possible value for # of Compartments, then it should be written like:

if(# of Compartments = 1, 4 3/8", if (# of Compartments = 2, 8 1/2", 12.5"))

This basically means: If # equals 1 then make it 4 3/8", If # equals 2 then 8 1/2", otherwise make it 12 1/2".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report