Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOTTOM OF DUCT JUSTIFICATION

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sujeev
7034 Views, 6 Replies

BOTTOM OF DUCT JUSTIFICATION

Hi

How can i set my bottom of duct justification. presently it is center of the duct and i want to change it to the bottom of duct. i draw a duct 1000x600 with BOD 3900. and when i check the property of that duct it is showing that offset from floor level is 4200. (ie floor to center instead of floor to bottom of duct) how can i set this..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
julianjameson8403
in reply to: sujeev

When you select the duct tool, one of the options on the ribbon is for Justification. You can set the preferred justification there and a horizontal offset (if using 2012).

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
sujeev
in reply to: julianjameson8403

I tried to do that. but still the problem exists.. it is fine when i draw the duct. but soon after that when i check the property it is showing elevation height from floor to center of the duct instead of to bottom of duct.

I think there will be some default setting..

Message 4 of 7
julianjameson8403

Any particular reason you decided to underline your reply as my initial reply answered your initial question????

The offset refers to the centreline which also happens to coincide with the duct placeholder tool.

The justification tool allows the elements to be aligned differently and also helps place the duct with the determining location line at the required level when modelling.

The duct offset parameter in the duct properties relates to the centreline of the duct

There are also Bottom Elevation and Top Elevation parameters which display the information you are looking for and also available for tagging.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
sujeev

sorry....may be i happened to click underline tool...and i didnt notice it much....

ya i found what it means veritical justification. and thanks for pointing out bottom elevation that is what exactly i was looking for.  before i was confused with offset level.

still one more doubt... now the duct level is showing correctly in the bottom elevation coloumn. but it is not editable. can i edit that coloum???

sorry again for the underline stuff

Message 6 of 7
julianjameson8403

No worries.

The top and bottom are not directly editable as they they are calculated from the difference between the centreline and the half height of the duct.

As these parameters are greyed out - I don't believe you can amend them directly through the Revit interface. You could do it via an Excel linked import/export tool (external Add-in or via the ODBC database subscription tool) but you run the risk of breaking your model using that method if you have conflicting information in parameters used in calculations, etc.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
sujeev

Hi

That looks difficult to me since i am a beginer in revit. I will have to look at these import/export excel files. Thanks for the help. Now atleast i know where i have to look..

for me the problem occurs when i tried to allign (all bottom levels same)  some of my ducts to certain level. the ducts are of different heights. and i was looking to change them directly from the properties tool bar. 

Thanks for the help...any tips regarding this always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report