Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Placed Spaces Always Set to Occupiable

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tim102289
819 Views, 4 Replies

Automatically Placed Spaces Always Set to Occupiable

I am using the Automatically Place Spaces button to speed the process of placing spaces in a large project.  However, it appears that rather than setting spaces to Occupiable when they contain a room component, it is simply setting all spaces to Occupiable, including tiny little pockets in between walls that are inaccessible.  It defeats the purpose of automatically creating the spaces if I have to check every single one to see if it really is Occupiable and then untick the checkbox if it is not.  Am I doing something wrong?

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: tim102289

While you can have all spaces occupiable or not by checking the box in the Properties Palette before placing, there really isn't a way for revit to automatically do what you are looking to do.

As we are always looking to make Revit better, I would use the following link which is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 5
tim102289

I remember reading somewhere that if the space contains a room component, then it is set to occupiable.

Tim Smith

Message 4 of 5
tim102289

Is that not the case?  I believe it was in the documentation for Revit, that if a Space contains a Room element, it will be set to Occupiable, however, all rooms are either set to Occupiable or not, regardless of them containing a Room component or not.

Edit: Here is a link to the statement I was referring to, it's on the wikihelp page: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0328-Build_th328/0971-MEP_Mode971/1...

Tim Smith

Message 5 of 5
Chris.Aquino

After some discussion here, it looks like that only applies when spaces are placed manually. When spaces are placed automatically, occupiable is always checked.

I have logged this issue with our Development group so that they are aware of the difference in behavior between manually and automatically placed spaces.

Having said that, any change will require the code for Revit be modified, and as such, we do not have an immediate fix.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report