Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Electrical Conduit Fitting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mbuonocore
6361 Views, 4 Replies

Automatic Electrical Conduit Fitting

Is there a way to automatically tell revit 2013 to add a fitting at each conduit intersection?  Now I am drawing one run in plan, switch to a section, then add a fitting then adding more conduit.  Too time consuming. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mbuonocore

It sounds as if the Conduit Type doesn't have any Default Fittings set. Initiate the Conduit tool and then go to Type Properties (at the top of Properties). Under the Fittings Parameter Group, you can define the default Conduit Fitting families that Revit will automatically use for each junction type. Once these are set, you should be able to create your Conduit in a continuous fashion with Revit adding the appropriate Conduit Fitting as you go.

Just let us know if the above does not solve the issue.

Also, note that there are two separate Conduit Types: "Conduit with Fittings" and "Conduit without Fittings"

Here is a post that may help explain the difference: Conduit Types

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
mbuonocore

Thanks for response.  I see the Fitting Parameter section in the conduit properties.  Each is set for NONE.  When I pick the down arrrow for each box there is no fitting family to choose.  I've loaded the 90 degree fitting under EMT folder.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

It seems that this particular Conduit Fitting is defined as a "Multi-Port" Part Type* and not an "Elbow", thus, not being a valid choice for that Fitting Type. Unfortunately, simply changing the Family's Part Type to "Elbow" does not work. I would suggest either searching Autodesk Seek or looking for a download-able family directly from a manufacturer's website, as the easiest solution (most likely).

*To determine the Family's Part Type, open the Family for Editing. Go to 'Family Category and Parameters' and the Part Type is listed in the lower section of the dialog.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
mbuonocore

Awesome.  After a good nights sleep, I thought that would be the problem.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report