Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit 2014 release update 3 - Issues

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
craigjonnson
1781 Views, 21 Replies

Autodesk Revit 2014 release update 3 - Issues

I have just updated to SP3 on Revit 2014 and found that the Revit system paramters for RVT: File name & RVT: name have been removed from the system.

There is no release information provided on what has been changed, improved or removed.

Can Autodesk verify this to be true.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

The following are links for the Revit 2014 UR3 readme and enhancements list:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/Autodesk_Revit_MEP_2014_Update_3_Re...
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/Enhancements_List_RME_2014_UR3.pdf

Also, I'm not sure about your questions about system parameters.  Could you provide a bit more detail about this issue?

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 22

I tried downloading the "Revit MEP 2014 UR3" update and noticed that the file that gets downloaded is for Revit LT "Autodesk_Revit_LT_2014-x64_Update3" but the update for Revit Architecture and Structure is correct.

Am I missing something? or was this an incorrect link?

Message 4 of 22

No, you're not missing anything.  The links on the Revit MEP 2014 UR3 download page are currently pointing to the wrong files.  We are working to resolve this problem but in the mean time, feel free to download these files from the following links:

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2014RVT_RTM/UR3/x64/Autodesk_Revit_MEP_2014-x64_Update3...
http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2014RVT_RTM/UR3/x86/Autodesk_Revit_MEP_2014-x86_Update3...

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 5 of 22

After downloading and executing the Update this installation error appears. any thoughts?

Error_Message.JPG

Message 6 of 22

This error indicates that you are attempting to install a patch but the target product for that patch is not found.  The easiest way to determine the correct patch is to check the contents of the About dialog, which can be accessed from the droplist check to the Help icon:

Help Droplist.png

The title bar in the About dialog will display the name of the Revit version you have installed, Revit, Revit LT, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP or Revit Structure.  Next, check the build number and see if it ends with a (x64) designation.  If so, you'll need the 64-bit update and if not, you'll need the 32-bit update.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 7 of 22

Hi Tony,

We have a schedule that shows what links are within our model. This is created using a Multiple categories schedule and selecting the available fields from "RVT links".

After the SP3 update, this schedule no longer works. The headings are all thier but the link information is missing.

All links are loaded, All worksets are on. Our other machines without the SP3 update still show this information.

Please ask if you require any further information.

Craig J

Message 8 of 22

Hi Craig

I checked with the individuals that cover the schedule functionality in Revit and they confirmed that this is a know issue that is caused by the installation of Revit 2014 UR3.  The issue is being investigated but it is unclear if or when a fix will be available so the current solution would be to remove UR3.  Unfortunately, Revit updates cannot be uninstalled so you would have to uninstall and reinstall Revit to eliminate this problem.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 9 of 22

Tony,

Is Autodesk development aware of any other system parameters that the schedules are having trouble reading (besides the ones that Craig identified in the original post)?  We are currently on hold with rolling out this update because of the unknowns with this issue.

Brett

Message 10 of 22
craigjonnson
in reply to: brettgatti

Brett you beat me to it. I want to ask if there are any other known issues that ADSK know about regarding this release? We too are holding off now until we test further. 

Message 11 of 22

My understanding of this issue is that after the installation of UR3, multi-category schedules no longer include elements that reside in linked files despite the fact that the "include elements in links" option is enabled.  Consequently, multi-category schedules only include elements that reside in the host project.

Also, to the best of my knowledged, this is the only regression caused by the installation of UR3.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 12 of 22

Hi Tony

I am unable to install Revit 2014 Update R3 on all workstations in the office. After double-clicking the exe file, the update hangs showing the dialog "Gathering required information.."  Windows Task Manager shows the process is still running, so it has not crashed. I have left this dialog on screen for over 1 hour and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Message 13 of 22

I've seen some cases where the service pack install can be prolonged but not to this extent.  My first suggestion would be to make sure no other applications are running, delete the contents of the Windows temp folder (type %temp% in the Windows Explorer address bar to easily access this location), and then attempt to install this update.  If the installation has not completed within an hour, gather the log file from the Windows temp folder and post it here for review.  Hopefully the log file will help us identify what is causing the delay on your system.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 14 of 22

Thanks for the suggestions. After trying this however, I'm still having the same issue where it's hanging on the "gathering info" dialog. As requested I've attached both log files (cp_Install.log and RevitCustom.log) from the temp folder to see if you can diagnose the problem.    Thanks.

Message 15 of 22

Unfortunately, the log files did not identify the cause of your installation problem so for now, we'll have to continue with some basic troubleshooting.

1. Please confirm that you are running the update while logged in as a member of the administrators group.
  2. Please disable any virus protection software before running the update.
  3. Try downloading a new copy of the installer from http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/revit-2014-upd....
  4. Try repairing your existing installation of Revit 2014 and then try to install UR3 again.

If now of these suggestions help, one last thing to check is that you still have access to the original location from which you installed Revit 2014.  You can identify the exact location from which Revit was installed by reviewing the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7346B4A0-1400-0510-0000-705C0D862004}\InstallSource

In the event that the original install source is not available, you should see a dialog box similar to this one:

InstallSourcePrompt.png

By verifying that you have access to the original install source, you would eliminate the potential of this dialog blocking the installation.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 16 of 22
GalenH
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

I wonder if there is an updates for this Multi-Category Schedule U3 issue?

Message 17 of 22

Hi Tony,

Thanks again for your suggestions, but none were successful. Interestingly the Regedit entry was different from the actual source location, but after updating this, still no luck. I also tried running the update from a local drive (rather than network location) but didn't work either.

Message 18 of 22

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what is blocking the installation of Update Release 3 on your system.  Another suggestion would be to try logging into this system using a different administrative account and see if the update can be installed by that user.  If that doesn't work, my next recommendation would be to uninstall Revit 2014, then reinstall Revit 2014 and Update Release 3 at the same time.  This can be accomplished through the following steps:

1. Launch the Revit 2014 installer and when you get to the Configure Installation page (last page of the install UI before you click the Install button), expand the Revit 2014 entry.
  2. Scroll down to the Service Packs section in which the Include Service Pack(s) from Autodesk.com option should be enabled and populated with Autodesk Revit 2014 64-bit Update 3.*
  3. Click the Download button in this section and when the download process is complete, collapse the Revit 2014 entry and proceed with the installation.

* If this section is not populated with Autodesk Revit 2014 64-bit Update 3, you can download the EXE file, from which you can extract the MSP file, and use that to populate the Include Service Pack(s) from local drive or local network option.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 19 of 22
AdamW1984
in reply to: craigjonnson

Just wondering if anything has been done to fix the issue with the multi-category schedules no longer showing the data from the linked files? I have a few different schedules in a fairly large project that this is now wreaking havoc on.
Message 20 of 22

Tony,

I am also having the same problems with installing Update Release 3 on Revit 2014. On some computers, it installs in less than one minute while on others it takes over 3 hours. It will eventually install but I have to let it run for over 3 hours. I have not figured out the problem. I am part of the admin group. We do not have the the anti-virus running.

Regards,

Leo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report