Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk - Help! Revit 2013 Update Release 2 - Issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
norcaljess
1208 Views, 13 Replies

Autodesk - Help! Revit 2013 Update Release 2 - Issue

I'm assuming that something with the update is causing this issue for me because I'm the only one in our office experiencing the issue & I'm the only one who has installed Update 2 for Revit 2013, and the issue started only after I installed Update 2.

Problem:  I'm using dual monitors.  For the most part, I have Revit on one monitor and everything else (email, Word, Excel, etc.) on the other monitor.  Randomly during the workday, when I click in my Revit view, a screenshot of that view pops up on my non-Revit monitor.  The Revit view goes blank.  The only way I can fix it is to Save/ Sync/ Restart Revit.  Can be quite time consuming when it happens multiple times during the day.

I really don't want to uninstall Revit and reinstall it unless I absolutely have to.  Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks,

Jessica

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
norcaljess
in reply to: norcaljess

Think I figured out my problem.  I checked my Graphics "Warnings" in Revit Options and it said that the graphics card driver was "too new" for Revit, so I downloaded and installed a new driver that was approved by Autodesk.  Haven't had the problem all day.  I hope that's all it was!

Jess

Message 3 of 14
norcaljess

I take it back!  It is  not resolved.  It did fine all afternoon yesterday but worked on it for about an hour this morning and it did it to me again!  Has anyone else had this issue??

Thanks,
Jess

Message 4 of 14
kudzuman

I have this happening on a computer running Revit MEP 2013 Update 1 with the certified graphics card driver from Autodesk's website. I was hoping Update 2 would fix it, but it looks like it doesn't. Still looking for an answer myself.

Message 5 of 14
norcaljess
in reply to: kudzuman

I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one!  I even submitted this to technical support and still have not resolved the issue.  They want me to unload Revit and reload it but we are so busy with work right now that it's just not feasible to do that.  Let me know if you find a fix for the problem and I will do the same for you.

Thanks,

Jess

Message 6 of 14
kudzuman

Actually, the computer has been on Update 2 for at least a month now but that computer hasn't been used for Revit work before that, so I don't know if the problem occured prior to Update 2. We only noticed the problem when the Revit work on that computer went beyond 30 minutes at a time. It seems the issue doesn't crop up until after you have been working in Revit for around 30 minutes or so.

We are using NVIDIA Quadro 2000 on Windows 7 64 bit with the Autodesk certified driver file: 276.42-quadro-tesla-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe.

Message 7 of 14
kadmonkee8
in reply to: kudzuman

have you tried turning off hardware accelerator in options?

Message 8 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: kadmonkee8

Has anyone had problems installing the Revit 2013 updates 1, 2, or the recent Hotfix?  I am currently running Revit MEP 2013.  The Hotfix readme states that you must install update 2 before the Hotfix.  I downloaded update 2 and tried to run the install exe.  I get an error, stating it can't find that software on my machine. 

Looks to me that the documentation states that update 2 applies to Revit Architecture 2013.  Revit MEP 2013 is not listed in update 2.  Why the conflict in the instructions?  I guess I will try and skip update 2, and try to install the Hotfix.

Message 9 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: RandMan

are you downloading/installing the revit mep 2013 update 2 and not the revit 2013 update 2?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: DarrenP

I haven't yet found an update listed specifically for Revit MEP 2013.  I will search again.

Message 11 of 14
DarrenP

here it is: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20679258&linkID=12828318

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks!  It looks like it is running now.  I had tryed to find this within the Autodesk site with no luck.

Message 13 of 14
BRYANBRAUER1832

I had this problem back in November, but it seems solved now, after I updated my graphics driver.

I typically work on a notebook with a large extension monitor.  The extension monitor is set as my primary display.

I usually have my view windows on the large (primary) display, and the Project Browser, Properties Browser and Stems Browser on my secondary (notebook) display.  No real issues. I don't know how to check which update I have installed.

Message 14 of 14
RandMan
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

I installed update 2 for Revit MEP, then I installed the recent Hotfix (I think).  Today, Revit just goes away when I try to open a 3D view.  No lock up or error message.  My build number is now 20121003_2115 (x64).  Should I have a different build number after the Hotfix?  The procedure was very cumbersome, not sure if I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report