Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Revision to Placeholder Sheet

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mikecarrico7670
3618 Views, 4 Replies

Assign Revision to Placeholder Sheet

Is there a way in Revit 2013 to assign a Current Revision to a Placeholder Sheet? I have an architect using it to filter their current issuances and I would like to not have a bunch of blank sheets cluttering up my Project Browser.  I found a few posts asking about it but they were all for older versions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mikecarrico7670

This is not directly possible, but it can be accomplished via work-around:

1. Create a Project Parameter (Text / Instance) for the Sheets category for the Manual Current Revision. Name it whatever makes sense.

2. Create another Project Parameter (Yes/No / Instance) for the Sheets to dictate whether to use the manual input or not.

3. In your Sheet List View, go to Properties » Fields tab. Add these two Project Parameters as fields to this schedule.

4. Create a new Calculated Value (Text) which will report the desired Current Revision on the schedule. Give it the following formula:

if( [parameter name from step #2] , [parameter name from step #1] , Current Revision)

5. Go to the Formatting tab and mark the two Project Parameters and the Current Revision fields as Hidden fields.

The downside to this method (aside from the manual work) is that the Yes/No parameter that was added to all of the Sheet Views will have a default value that is neither Yes or No, but a grayed-out checkbox. This will result in a blank report on the Sheet List, so you must ensure that these checkboxes are either checked or unchecked as required, which can be done directly within the Sheet List View.

I hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun

Upon re-reading your post, I realize that the previous work-around will probably not work for your specific purposes. What I would recommend doing is:

1. Create an actual Sheet View instead of a Placeholder.

2. Create a Project Parameter (Integer / Instance) for the Sheets category for the purposes of hiding the Sheet View in the Project Browser.

3. Right-Click on the "Sheets" header in the Project Browser and go to Type Properties.

Go to Filters and add the Project Parameter with the Condition: Equal to <None>

4. In the Properties of the blank Sheet Views, enter any numeric value into the create Parameter in to prevent

that Sheet from appearing in the Project Browser, thus alleviating the clutter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
mikecarrico7670
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Workaround 2 worked like a charm.  Appreciate it. Unfortunately, the sheets still show up in the Selected Views dialog when printing (as expected) but a saved sheet set makes this a relatively non-issue. It would be nice for Autodesk to add the Current Phase functionality to the placeholder sheets to avoid this.  Guess I will have to throw that in the Wish List forum.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
mthudson

This is the easiest option I have found.  In 2016 and 2017 Revit put an actual revision on a sheet and then copy it to the clipboard.  Select the Paste down arrow and select "Aligned to Selected Views".  Select all the sheets that don't have actual sheets and paste it.  The only bad thing about this is that you can't take those revisions off late if you need to without deleting that placeholder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report