Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch-Elect-Mec Model alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DMaurer-Veca
539 Views, 2 Replies

Arch-Elect-Mec Model alignment

Our company's first design build project using Revit MEP started September 2012. I don't recall the sequence of my misjudgements, but after updating the architect's model, our model did not align with theirs. We found the electrical model's project base point was different from the architect model project base point. I made the mistake of adjusting the Architect's project base point to match our electrical model. This did not cause any problems until the mechanical model arrived (months behind schedule, at the time we were submitting for the building permit the mechanical posted their DD set). After adjusting the mechanical project base point, their model was still shifted along the y axis. It is not a very complicated project, no worries, drag it over, eyeball it, and move on (by the way, the architect has had no such troubles).  Now I am wanting to export to Navisworks and the three models do not align. It is my understanding that if I unlink the arch and mech model from our Revit model. Move our project base point to match the architects original PBP, and then relink the other two models, I will loose all of my settings for my various views. Is there another way to solve the problem?

Diane M
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

Why do you have to unlink the models? Can you not open one of the linked models, move it, go back into the host model and reload it?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

I did do that with the mechanical model. Since the Arch & Elec models were aligned, I turned on the project base point, dimensioned it of the A1 X1 grid lines and adjusted the PBP in the Mechanical model to the same dimensions. Reloaded the mechanical model. The elevation was correct, north south was correct, but east west was off. I did this several times, triple checking every step, the outcome was the same. So I dragged the mech model to align the vertical shaft where I knew it was suppose to be. The main reason I posted the question now is because the different models were not aligned when I exported it directly to a Navis file. So I used AutoCAD to align the 3D models and then was able to view all in Navis. At this point things are resolved and they are installing the ground grid on site. I was just wondering if any of you smarter than me types had a solution.

Diane M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report