Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know of any methods for calculating duct fitting areas?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
cbartlett
28315 Views, 14 Replies

Anyone know of any methods for calculating duct fitting areas?

Not sure if this is a wish list item or not, and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel on this.

Some of the duct fittings have surface areas calculated, some dont. I'd like to have all the fittings report an area so I can schedule total sheet-metal areas. Anyone here know of an easier way of doing this than going through each fitting family and figuring out how to calculate the areas?

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
azgurbuz
in reply to: cbartlett

I asked the same duct area question a while ago, no answers. No information on anywhere. I am still working on getting the duct area easily. What I do is define a shared parameter, and define a formula for that fitting area. A very easy task is turning into a tedious work. Schedule duct and fitting separately, export them, open them in  a spread sheet, delete "m²", sum areas 😞

Message 3 of 15
moh_azs

i hope this formulae will helpduct sections.jpg

Message 4 of 15
naughtyharry

Can you not create a family parameter tied into the dimensions etc and the have it show up as an m2 in the schedule?
Message 5 of 15

the only way is to create you shared parameters

here is a link for how to,

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/71a731f5-0982-4ade-b79e-f6f09ef6779e

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 6 of 15

Thanks Alaaeldin.
Your solution tied in with the calcs supplies by Moh-azs should work perfectly.
Message 7 of 15
naughtyharry
in reply to: naughtyharry

See picture below. The calcs for a radius bend worked perfectly and scheduled perfectly. AREA.jpg

Message 8 of 15
moh_azs

Simple excel sheets

Message 9 of 15
moh_azs

Message 10 of 15
moh_azs

Message 11 of 15
hareeshramesh

Hi ALL, I have made a formula that will help us calculate the weights of ducts and fittings based on their area in Revit. I am attaching a PDF explaining the same. Kindly go through and share your comments!.
HRSH
Message 12 of 15
luseche
in reply to: hareeshramesh

Hi, I am working in the same task at my company, and I would like to know how did you do it, I did not find any PDF attachement.

Thanks

Luis

Message 13 of 15
hareeshramesh
in reply to: luseche

Luis, I do not know why my previous post did not carry my attachment though I had attached it. I am attaching it with this mail again. I am not able to see it again.!.Kindly let me know how to do it. I have tried using the "Choose File " option under Attachments on both occasions and unluckily it does not seem to work!.
HRSH
Message 14 of 15

i made the calculation sheet (from ashrae) . could have some mistakes, but not bad

my site ://     ,,,,,,,,,,,   ...  linoavac.site.pro

Message 15 of 15

Thanks for the email blast! Smiley Sad

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report