Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Symbol Filled Region plots gray, not black

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dtiemeyer
4163 Views, 8 Replies

Annotation Symbol Filled Region plots gray, not black

Ive created a Duct Accessory (damper) containing an annotation symbol. In my project, this annotation symbols displays green (based on the fact my Duct System, supply air, is green). However when I print the edge line of the annotation symbol prints black, but the center prints green/gray (color/bw). Even changing the solid fill to 'color black' in the annotation family does not fix this problem.

attached project is rmpe 2012.

Thanks!

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

We've encountered this issue as well - it seems that a solid hatch pattern will plot as its color regardless of the print setup. As a result, some of our "solid" hatch patterns are a series of actual lines, as per the image below.

NonSolidHatch.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks CADastrophe,

That's the route I've taken as well. I'm going to leave this open to see if anybody else, or perhaps Autodesk, cares to chime in. Cheer.

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 4 of 9
Anthonius-AEI

I'm having the same problem.  I don't want to have to use a bunch of thin lines for all of our solids when there's a 'solid fill' option.  Has anyone found a genuine fix?
Revit - solid filled region printing in color - model.JPG

Printing/PDF looks like this.  (Printing on a b/w printer prints the blue parts as gray)

Revit - solid filled region printing in color.JPG

Message 5 of 9
groff.shane
in reply to: Anthonius-AEI

i'm looking for this solution as well.

Message 6 of 9
cvoight

Using Black Lines instead of Grayscale in the print settings should fix the issue.
Message 7 of 9
Anthonius-AEI
in reply to: cvoight

That doesn't apply to filled regions.  If your filled region is a "color" it will print that color's grayscale.

Message 8 of 9
AmyColeman

I wanted to give a better solution for this issue.  I use detailed items nested in piping accessories for plumbing.  I use colors for my system types so I can visually know if I have it connected correctly.  It also makes it easier for me to tell the difference between cold, hot, hot water return, sanitary, storm, etc.  I print "Black Lines" but that doesn't fix it.  The solid filled detailed items still print grey.  So I found a better solution.

I create a filter for the pipe accessories with nested solid filled detail items.  Then set that filter in my view to use Pattern: Solid, Color:Black.  I know the filter is working because the items turn black (or white if you background is black).  Double check your visibility hierarchy to make sure all is set correctly.

Message 9 of 9
fosland1
in reply to: AmyColeman

Filtering is the only method I found to this issue as well. Have you also had issues with the linked architectural background showing through your nested filled regions as well? This is currently the issue I'm facing as nested filled regions don't seem to behave as filled regions created in the project itself. I believe it has to do with whether or not the link is an underlay or not, but as an MEP firm our view disciplines are always either M, E, FP, or P so this automatically turns links into underlays. Not to hijack your post but has anyone else come across this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report