Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tsk001
13734 Views, 3 Replies

Annotation Scale

When I load a generic annotation symbol into my drawing it does not come in at the correct scale. It is huge!!

What am I doing wrong??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tsk001

The size of Generic Annotation will always be adjusted according to the current View's scale so that it will display as the exact size at which it was drawn on the final sheets. For example, say you draw a 6" x 6" box as a Generic Annotation and load it into the Project. No matter what View you place it in, if you go to any Sheet View that displays it and measure it, it will always be 6" x 6". So it sounds as if the original family was drawn too large.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
tsk001

In my family it measures 12" x 6". When I load it into my view it is approx 96' x 48'.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun

Right, and the View's scale is 1/8" = 1'-0", right? So if you insert your 12" x 6" family into your View and it remained "actual size", then on the Sheet View the box be "scaled down" by a factor of 96 due to the View's Scale, rendering it to a size of 1/8" x 1/16" on paper.

Now, the point of annotative scale is to make the Generic Annotation retain it's true size on paper. This means that Revit will compensate for the View Scale by scaling the annotation up. In your case, it is scaling it up by a factor of 96 to counter the 1/8" = 1'-0" scale factor (96).

Bottom line: draw your Generic Annotation to the size that you want it to print out on paper. At the moment, Revit believes that you want this annotation to be 12" x 6" on paper, so it is indeed huge.

If you have any questions or if any of this is unclear, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report